Richard Childress Racing
November 13, 2013
RCR Crew Member Spotlight: Erik Pringle
No. 27 Front-Tire Carrier for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Paul Menard
Seven Questions with "Pringle"
1. What was your dream job as a child?
I always wanted to work in racing, but when I was really young I wanted to be a driver.
2. Do you have any race day superstitions?
I always put my firesuit on left leg, right leg, then left arm, right arm. Then I do 27 jumping jacks on pit road before the start of the race. Sometimes I kiss the tire on pit wall before doing a pit stop.
3. What is your favorite place to eat on the road?
I love going to the West Coast because I get to eat at In-N-Out Burger.
4. What are your hobbies away from the race track?
I enjoy hanging out with my wife and daughters. I also like to go fishing when I have extra time.
5. Did you play any sports growing up?
I played basketball. I started out playing in the point guard position then I got too tall, so they moved me to a forward position.
6. What is your favorite movie?
Hands down Forrest Gump is my favorite movie. Tom Hanks is awesome in that film.
7. What’s your favorite racing memory?
My favorite memory is winning the Brickyard 400 with Paul Menard. It was really cool to get to experience his first win in a Sprint Cup Series car and kissing the bricks was a bonus. Another fond memory was winning the 2006 NASCAR Nationwide championship with Kevin Harvick.